TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:08:15 -0500
The PDR LightMaster does not use nozzles. We have used it here with good
success. There might be some issues with very small parts that are not
black, as the system measures the temperture or the part with a
pyrometer. We have reflowed larger metal BGA with a black tape that PDR
provides. But, I have not tried real small parts.
The vision system and placement accuracy is good enough for 0.5 mm.