TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:56:30 -0800
Rich: I have seen similar problems on double sided SMT when run thru in-line
aqueous wash. For a sanity check you may want to put a trap or screen in
your wash and rinse drains to see if you are loosing components in the wash
process. If that's the cause then  I would recommend placing the boards in
fixtures that support them off the belt. We have been doing this for quite
awhile with good results.
Another place to check are storage racks, carts and totes. We found that
they were also causing similar problems of breaking or tearing off
components especially those close to the edge of the board.

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Staff Engineer

Fluke Corp.