TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
Shawn Dalton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 06:23:42 -0600
I am having the same issue with low volume high mix product.   Can you give
more detail on what you mean about triggering off the new average?

Does this method really help when you have such uneven amounts of boards?

What I am trying do to is avoid having a large run of 280 boards versus 20
boards dictate the structure of the pareto chart.   If the floor builds 280
boards and all 280 end up with  damaged insulation on wires, that would say
that is are biggest problem.  However, truly it is solder bridging.

One thing I am doing right now is taking the defects per overall work
orders. So if I have 114 work orders for the month, I show the highest
defect for those work orders.

I am going to try your idea and see what it does..

Thanks,

Shawn