TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
David Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:30:17 -0500
Carlr Ray,

I'm aware of limited built-in statistical capability in Excel.  Writing
macros for statistical functions in Excel sounds very painful, as you say.
Some would argue that you shouldn't do it at all. Look here:
http://www.qualitydigest.com/sep99/html/excel.html

... although others might argue that the author of the article has ulterior
motives.

You can find lots of Excel add-on macro packages by searching the net with
Google.  Consider Q1 Macro, SPC IV Excel, and macros from BaRaN Systems.
They less that a half days pay at your full burdened rate.  How can you go
wrong?

Dave Fish