TECHNET Archives

January 2003

Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:42:44 -0600
Thanks Susan,
   We will check this tomorrow! I'll let everyone know the out come! Right
now we are pulling our hair out here! As a alternate supervisor of this
shop and have never had to deal with this and uppers, wanting production.
I'm just pull things out of the air, trying to figure this out.

Thanks for all the help from everyone!
Randy

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:13:24 EST, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Randy
>Are you seeing these "spots" in the as polished condition prior to
>microetching the mount" ?  If you are, it can usually mean that there is
>contamination there that has been plated around.  That would help in trying
>to find out what it is.
>
>Another thing you can do with your process is to take your panels through
>drill and etchback processing and then instead of going through the
>electroless line - put them through the oxide line.  The metallic areas -
>ends of inner layers - should all darken with the oxide.  If there is resin
>or non-metallic areas on the ends of the inner layers they won't be coated
>with the oxide.
>
>The fact that there is an indentation in the inner layer where the "ball"
is
>located really is a concern when trying to troubleshoot what is happening.
>If the glass bundles are laying on top the inner layer and are being plated
>around, I wouldn't expect to see the indentation - almost as though they
have
>been forced into the end of the inner layer.
>
>Susan Mansilla
>Robisan Lab

>Technet Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8e<br>
>the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet<br>
[log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL)<br>
[log in to unmask]: SET Technet Digest<br>
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives<br>