IPC-600-6012 Archives

January 2003

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Mike Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:07:45 -0500
1. opps.  SUSAN, you are correct.  Take out the word "NOT". It should have
read

"Zone B extends 80um beyond the ends of each pad(internal or external). For
defect evaluation, the pad closet to the defective area would be
considered for the zone b boundary."

2. Also, my  use of the word "zigzag" for the zone B boundary was
misleading.  If you use a line 80 um  from the end of each pad extending
vertically half way into the dielectric zone b becomes a "stair step or a
series of vertical lines" and does not have diagonal lines. I will try and
draw it below

The PAD end is last "*"         Zone b "!"

****pad layer1********        !
                                      !
                         !
****pad layer 2**        !