TECHNET Archives

May 2002

From:
Jana Carraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 15:50:27 -0700
Jeff,

Perhaps you can tell us your position at Sanmina?

I do not believe I have written anything that is "way off base".  I
certainly think it is judicious to approach a potential supplier with
caution when that supplier is not known for a certain type of work or
product.  If John Deere started making a luxury car, I'd be cautious about
their capabilities.

You are correct, I have not visited the new Sanmina Facility in Costa Mesa.
Perhaps you can tell us if it is a new facility built from the ground up or
a purchase of an existing facility, and if existing, whose facility was it?
The only facility I could think of that fit the description Earl mentioned
was Litronic.  Please do correct me if this is wrong.

Perhaps Sanmina can benefit from the discussion taking place here.  There
are obviously not a few folks who have had less than successful business
relations with Sanmina.  A customer satisfaction driven company might take
such a discussion to heart.

Best Regards,
Jana Carraway