TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:10:07 -0600
Graham, and others,

Thanks for the input so far. I'm really very interested in all I've
received. I am interested in lead free reliability data but cannot apply
it in my current situation. Maybe the template and methods would be of
use.
I'm also interested in IPC-9701 and its contents concerning reliability
testing as well as IPC PCQR squared. 9701 is text book and straight
forward. However, I'm looking for industry data concerning overall product
reliability with particular focus on lead based solder joints.

The PCQR squared, and associated test elements (test vehicles and associated
test requirements/elements) is very interesting as well but seems in its
infancy. I had hoped there was more mature IPC data already available
without having to work so hard. Sorry Werner, but really I'm not lazy when
it comes to this stuff.

It seems I must go down a path using company specific test vehicles, as
current product, and do the testing myself - with an independent test lab
either internal to a parent company or outside it. Thanks Per-Erik for you
suggestion. And thanks also to Graham, Steve Sauer, and all others helping
thus far.

Finally, I've been told there is a software database program available that
analyzes an assembly BOM and derives test data on various parts on the BOM.
Does anyone know what this package is and has anyone in this group used it?

Earl