DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:38:04 -0500
James,
Good advise on the conformal coating.
May I ask, what thickness to you specify
for that type of voltage, or better yet,
how many mils of mask min. per 100V.

I know many board shops don't get it evenly
so I'm looking for a good value that accounts
for such a thing.

I've got several emails concerning the validity
of mask and that it isn't recognized as an
insulator by..... UL I think....

What (IF anyone knows well) other alternatives
to mask or variations of mask that are recognized
globally as insulators?....

Chris Robertson