TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:43:00 +0300
Obviously, a "redingote", which is the nearest the French can get to
saying "riding coat" or a "smoking" which is the nearest the French can
get to saying "dinner jacket" (of course, the Americans are no better as
they would translate the French "smoking" into "tuxedo" - the common
language that divides us all!). :-)

Brian