TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 15:41:22 -0700
Kathy: When we analyze our solderpots we use gravimetric for the Sn and AA
for the trace elements, Pb is the remainder.

Over the years we have run multiple analysis from the same sample to cross
check ourselves and outside vendors and their analytical methods. They all
vary a little bit even back to back runs using the same methods. However I
have never seen any dramatic differences between the various techniques. In
most cases the difference in Sn content is in the +/- 0.5% range. This is
close enough and anyone trying to cut it any finer is probably not living in
the real world. I've seen bigger swings in sample to sample variation and
sampling techniques.

By the way it's Kester and Keister no matter what some people would think
:>)

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Staff Engineer