TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 21:44:55 +0100
Glob tops are not supposed to fall off under slight mechanical
pressure, so clearly there is a fault. You have to assume that basics
are correct - clean dry and grease free surfaces etc- so could it be
its simple finger trouble, or the wrong material:

Typically this sort of thing happens when people are making in batches
and uncured devices are left in an uncontrolled environment whilst the
batch is being made up leading to moisture ingress, The later ones
won't have the defect making fault finding difficult. Or something
similar.
Alternatively an inappropriate material was used, e.g. a TEC or
hardness/rigidity mismatch would do this - something designed for
alumina as opposed to FR4 maybe.
Sounds to me as though a complete plod through analysis of the actual
history (as opposed to what is written in the S.O.P ) would be
rewarding.

Mike