TECHNET Archives

November 2000

From:
"Wenger, George M (George)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:24:30 -0500
Jim,
We've been in production with IAg surface finish since the fall of 1997.
We've shipped over a million circuit pack assembles build on IAg boards.  We
buy IAg boards at no cost adder over HASL.  There have been several papers
on IAg:
1. Ford presented a paper at the IPC Second Annual National Conference: A
Summit on Surface Finihes and PWB Solderability in September 1998 at Austin,
TX
2. At the Third Annual Conference in September 1999 at Irvine, CA there were
three papers:
        2a. Julie ANnn-Scheyer Furanz, et.al. from Intel, "Manufacturability
and reliability Evaluation of Immersion Silver", I believe this was also
presented at IPC Expo 2000 in Long Beach
        2b. George Wenger & Robert Furrow et. al., from Lucent, "Immersion
Silver Surface Finish: Usage Requirement Test Results & production
Experience"
        2c. Ron Inman, et. al, "Results of the CCAMTF Evaluation of
Alternative Surface Finihes for Circuit Card Assemblies
3. We also gave an update of the Lucent Immersion Silver Surface Finish
paper at AESF SUR/FIN 2000 in Chicago in June 2000

Regards,
George
George M. Wenger, DMTS Bell Laboratories Princeton
Supply Network Solutions
PO Box 900, Princeton NJ 08542-0900
Route 569 Carter Rd., Hopewell, NJ 08525
(609)-639-2769 (Office), 3210 (Lab), 2343 (Fax)