TECHNET Archives

April 2003

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:06:03 EDT
Hi Graham!

I wonder if the part you send out forming and tinning is the same part we
send out? The one I send out is a Texas Instrument part SM320C40HFHM40...it's
a big 352-pin CQFP, 51mm square too. This is the part I was asking for
"Jewel-Cases" for earlier in the week. I found them by the way, or actually
the place were I send the parts for forming and trimming found them for me.

When we've bought the parts in the past, they've came in the jewel-cases
which protect the part during shipping both before they're formed, and after.
But this time we got the parts in matrix trays that hold them fine before
they're formed, but not after. The board that we put the parts on is actually
a board that we build for Northrop Grumman, Rolling Meadows...small world
huh?

As Ed has said, me and Jason are two distinct individuals....Jason is the
smart guy, I'm the old 'geezer. As far as throwing me in the wash and
hi-potting me, come' on
man let's get creative! I saw something at APEX that would be cool, strap me
to a fixture, and throw me inside a Scorpion Flying Probe...ahhhhh, I can
just feel it now, like getting acupunctured on both sides at the same
time...hehehe.

-Steve Gregory-