TECHNET Archives

September 2019

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2019 20:41:35 +0000
Nice to see Bev back in the mix so I admit this post is mostly a bit of trolling for his input. :) But I know there are other veterans of the CAF wars so...

For those of you working with full stacked uVia designs (aka ELIC: Every Layer Interstitial Connection) what have you done in terms of CAF testing?

Use one or more of the standard IPC CAF thru via coupons with the hole edge/hole edge spacings down to ~10mils and call it good enough?
Or do you go to custom CAF test vehicle designs that reflect the uVia stack and (tighter) spacing that is typical of uVia designs?