TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Kirk Kosel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:45:41 -0600
Hi Technetters.

We are looking at applying a single-sided covercoat (solder mask) to a 12" web.  The product is a flexible suspension.  Normally not an issue.  The problem is that this application will occurr after the polyimide etch (and plating), which means the web will have holes in it.  This makes the whole thing much more challenging.  Oh yeah, one other thing, the line is roll to roll.  Thought that I'd throw that in there too.  We have discussed screen printing, slot die, spray coating, dip coating, etc.  Has anyone tried this before?  I am looking for any ideas people have to make this happen.  Any possible contacts that you might have would really be appreciated also.

Thanks,

Kirk