TECHNET Archives

April 1999

From:
"Bay State Circuits, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:46:03 -0500

From: Bay State Circuits, Inc. <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, April 01, 1999 2:41 PM
Subject: PROCESS PROBLEM

Chris
I am not sure who I should address this to at IPC but I have you on my address list, so your the lucky one.

I am having a problem with an SMOBC board that has .008 spaces and traces running the length of the board (about 18 inches).  It seems that after etch I am getting some small hair like slivers that can not be seen with the naked eye and are only picked up at bare board test.  But at test we might find two shorts, cut them out and then different ones will pop up on retest.  We are being very careful not to over etch but the problem persists.  Do you or anyone else at IPC have any suggestions?

We start on half oz material
After etch we scrub to clean the boards, visually inspect and then tacky role during soldermask.

Thank you for your assistance.

David Ducey