From:
Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
14 Dec 96 08:20:13 EST
I have been discussing with IPC the possibility of producing a document covering
X Ray Inspection of solder joints including criteria, X Ray methods and ways in
which the inspection method can be enhanced using pad designs.

David Bergman has asked me to ask members of Technet who would like to
contribute to a document to contact me directly so that I can product a working
group for the project. As some of  you may be aware I have circulated my first
attempt at a reference standard on Technet before. I would like together with
IPC produce a document which would be helpful to industry.

Shortly there will be a section featured in the IPC News covering the production
of a draft document view Email. Face to Face discussions may be possible at
Nepcon West to further move the project along.

If you would like to be involved in writing a document please send me a mail
direct with your name, Tel, Fax, Email and company mailing address and details
of any existing company document you may have so that I can circulate existing
material for comment and discussion.

Bob Willis
(Vice President of the SMART Group)
Process Engineering Consultant
Electronic Presentation Services
2 Fourth Avenue, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 4HA. England.
Tel: (44) 01245 351502
Fax: (44) 01245 496123
Home Page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bwillis
Email: [log in to unmask]