TECHNET Archives

December 2000

From:
Barry Gallegos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:13:23 -0700
Hey all,

I am looking for a snapshot consensus on the use of nitrogen in the assembly
process for reflow as well as in wave solder where the flux vehicle is
organic water soluble flux.

what does it buy me. for the cost. I have no equipment in place for nitrogen
and my ovens are not even retrofit able. the wave is upgradeable but is a
Vitronics delta wave that has reduced drossing process on it that is using
organic water soluble flux.

I am just asking for some industry experts opinions on this process.

I would like to say thank you for any help in advance.

Barry Gallegos, PE
Western Electronics, LLC
110 E. 43rd st. Boise, ID. 83714
P-208-377-1557