Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 96 08:08:40 EST

INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLY: MATERIALS AND PROCESS
CHALLENGES ANNOUNCED

The International Conference on Electronic Assembly: Materials and
Process Challenges, cosponsored by the Institute for Interconnecting and
Packaging Electronic Circuits (IPC) and the Georgia Institute of
Technology has been announced.  The conference will be held May 29-31,
1996, in Atlanta, Georgia, at Georgia Tech.  This conference is an
outgrowth and expansion of the International Conference on Soldering
Flux and Pastes, which was last held in 1994 at Georgia Tech and
attracted over 150 electronics assembly experts and practitioners from
North America, Europe, and Asia.

"New materials and processes must be developed to meet the challenge of
ball grid array and direct chip attach," says Dr. Laura Turbini, Georgia
Institute of Technology and Conference Chairman.  "The process engineers
who, in the past, were challenged by solder paste deposition for fine
pitch attachment processes, are now dealing with BGA and planning for
direct chip attach with polymer underfill."

The program committee for this prestigious event also includes Alvin F.
Schneider, Alpha Metals; Kathi Johnson, Hexacon Electric; Dr. Wallace
Rubin, International Consultant; Tom Fujikawa, Malcolm Instruments; and
David Bergman, IPC.

For more information, e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  and I
can e-mail you the program and the registration information.

     An FYI - I thought some of u might be interested in this

     Ron Frye