From:
"Phillip R Barela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
08 Jan 1996 16:38:53 -0800

Jon Jahn wrote:
"Can anyone point me toward that information again or alternatively suggest any
other references which will help us update this rework guideline?"

The results of the study were published out of Goddard Space Flight Center
(GSFC).  If my memory serves me right, this study was performed to see how many
times and what techniques could be successfully used for PTH PWBs.  I believe
its focus was on via reliability.

Contact Jack Shaw at GSFC (301/286-7123).  Jack works in the electronic
packaging branch at GSFC and can probably get you a copy of the report.

Phillip Barela
Jet Propulsion Lab
About a year I read an article which referenced a NASA study in discussing
maximum allowable solder joint rework cycles. Can anyone point me toward
that information again or alternatively suggest any other references which
will help us update this rework guideline?

regards,

Jon Jahn
Marquip, Inc.