From:
[log in to unmask] (MR DOUGLAS C JEFFERY)
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 21:53:56, -0500
-- [ From: Doug Jeffery * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Hi all,

I am looking for some insight into IPC-D-356 files...we use these
netlist files as test programs..most of the time we extract them from
the gerber data as part of the fixture building process and then run
them as the program for the tester..However I have looked at the files
and the format does not exactly match the IPC-D-356 format...there are
extra things in it..with some investigation I have found that the net
list we extract has "trace data" in it to be used by the analyser for
repairs. I cannot find any reference to this "trace data" in the
specification....So...

Does the IPC-D-356 format support trace data or has my net list
extraction software supplier modified the D356 format to include this so
that their analyser will run??

I can say that the first 80 characters of the netlist we use match the
IPC format exactly..however I cannot find any reference to the rest of
the information...

So, if someone could please....HELP??? :)

Thanks
--
Douglas C. Jeffery
Electrotek, Inc