TECHNET Archives

May 2019

From:
"Stadem, Richard D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard D
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2019 13:42:25 +0000
Yes, Joyce! There is always a danger of US damaging wirebonds and diebonds, but a lesser chance of that if the correct US cleaner made specifically for electronics is used. However, when you think about it, the cavitation physics would change radically with different viscosities of cleaning fluids, so that is one more thing that would have to be checked during qualification. The more coating stripping off into the solution, the more direct US energy is being applied, but at the same time less cavitation. Not sure just how that would work.