TECHNET Archives

September 2000

From:
Steve Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:49:48 -0400
IPC specifications recommend baking but very few flex users follow this
procedure. If the parts have stabilized in a reasonable air conditioned
environment for a couple of days and you follow good hand soldering practice
or automatic assembly. This applies to 1-4 layer circuits - if you are using
rigid-flex always bake in a clean oven.

Steve Kelly
PFC Flexible Circuits Ltd.