From:
[log in to unmask] (Eric Russell)
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 12:18:38 -0500
Here's a third party, truly concerned opinion.  I am the unfortunate MIS
person who is forced to wade through the junk that has been sent out now for
the past few day.  My understanding was that this mailing list was for
TECHNICAL information to assist one another with.  You are wasting my time
and network resources by including this information here.  If some of you
feel so strongly about having this "public" information (even though someone
else, the company you work for most likely, is paying for the internet
connection and you are reading this on company time) available, then you can
see about starting up a mailing list dedicated to the topic.  You could also
startup a newsgroup that is dedicated to the subject of job posting.  As far
as I'm concerned, this mailing list should be about technical information
and if someone is unhappy in their job, then they'll be out looking for one.

                        One man's opinion (not the company's)
                        Eric Russell