From:
Victor Li <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 00:02:00 +0800 (HKT)
Hi,

When there is a need to solder SMT components on both sides of PCB, I
understand that 2 approaches are taken generally.

i) use low temp. solder paste on one side and high temp solder on the other
ii) use conductive adhesive on one side and solder on the other side

My question are:

1) Which one is more popular in practice?
2) What are the pros and cons for the two methods?
3) For i), what are the melting points for the 2 kinds of solder paste?
4) What are the precautions/possible defects one should bear in mind?
5) Can I use the same operating procedures for making 2 sided BGA assembly?

Any literature that may describe the above issues?

Thank you very much for any kinds of inputs.

Best regards,

Victor