TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
David Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:26:35 -0800
Here are some thoughts we have implemented in the past that worked well.

1. Look at Out of box audit as a customer validation / verification.
What the customer will see.
2. We actually use the c=0 sampling plan by Nicholas Squeglia.  The zero
acceptance number plans developed provide equal or greater consumer
protection with less inspection that the corresponding MIL-STD-105
sampling plan  Due to the advantages, and the greater emphasis is being
placed on zero defects and product liability the plans have found there
way into the commercial industries although  developed for military
products.
3. OBA is to evaluate what the customer is receiving from your
manufacturing site. This information is captured and reported back to
the Manufacture for corrective actions, along with rejecting the lot or
batch for the manufacture to evaluate/test and resubmit.  In addition to
actual OBA finding results can be tied into RMAs.  If RMAs are being
returned as DOA (Dead on arrival) this could be due to not functioning,
or accessories are missing that is vital to the operation this
information should be captured and verified in OBA.
4. We have it broke down into two different groups, cosmetic and
functionality. Each group receives a different AQL for C=0.

If you're interested and would like additional information regarding the
OBA process that we use please feel free to email me directly.

David Harman