From:
"Walker, Don" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 96 16:11:08

I'm not sure who wrote this, but I would like to hear more.  How does
a direct connect via increase the incidence of pink ring?  Perhaps my
understanding of what creates pink ring is in error but I would think
the geometries and chemistries at the hole wall is the same either way.

Also, what do you TechNetters say about pink ring?  Is is a functional
defect or not?  How many board failures have you seen attributed to pink
ring (whether thru delamination, via failure, or whatever)?  Please note
the word failures - not rejections (although that might be interesting
to know as well).  As we all know, sometimes requirements are based on
"that's the way we've always done it" rather than on real data.

Don Walker