TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Charlie McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:46:38 -0400
Steve:

Relative to the BGA crack provided by Werner....

I missed the technical explanation (if there was one) and I apologize if
this questions are redundant...

Is this crack caused by mechanical of  temperature/reflow means?
And, once a crack such as shown takes place, will it necessarily
propagate or will it terminate its growth if not exposed
to the same cause?

Charlie McMahon