From:
"Wolfe, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 02 Dec 96 17:40:00 PST

be right when considering only the board design side. But I believe when you
consider the need for a robust drafting and beyond package and want it form
one source that is very tightly integrated probably Intergraph/VeriBest
combo is the only one that fits that bill. However there you are still
dealing with three companies though VeriBest, Intergraph and Bentley. But
the products are very tightly integrated. Just and opinion you really need
to heavily benchmark all considerations. It seems to me that the CAD system
choice may also be very different depending on use in a service bureau or a
captive design group in a company. For this reason, especially if captive, a
good test of a systems ease of use and speed is not just the router or
design phase of the product but have a person add one pull-up resistor to a
design that was already complete and time that process. And I MEAN
COMPLETELY DOCUMENT THIS CHANGE, schematic, parts list and what ever other
documents required. If all your design are perfect first shot or engineers
never make changes just after you finish the gerbers maybe this is not an
issue. The true way to evaluate each system is do a benchmark whether taking
a demo copy and going thorough it or getting the CAD vendor to do it but
this will tell you for your enviroment what is needed. Just an opinion
Bob Wolfe