From:
"D.C.Whalley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:33:08 -0500
Jim,

If the solder significantly stiffens the leads then it will also increase the
resonant frequency and reduce the magnitude of vibration for a given level of
excitation, so whether the higher stress concentration is significant is not
immediately obvious. Can't you just re-run the FEA with the new geometry?

David Whalley