From:
Lisa Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:48:26 -0600 (CST)
The IPC is currently working on an update of IPC-D-275. The new document
(and sub-documents) will be IPC-2221 (and 2222, 2223, 2224, 2225).

All of these documents are currently at the Offical Representative
Proposal stage.

There has been much debate over the new document organization and numbering
scheme. It was devised so that IPC standards can be submitted to the IEC
(International Electrotechnical Commision) and incorporated into
international standards virtually seamlessly.

We are looking at ways to keep the IPC-D-275 as an umbrella number or
something to that effect.

Lisa M. Williams
Technical Staff
IPC