From:
Michael Barmuta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:19:52 -0700
	To cmaffe:

		In the past we carbon treated our acid copper plating baths
on a time basis as you are curently doing.About 10 years ago we switched from
a time accumulation basis to an amperage basis.We are currently carbon
treating when 600 Amp Hours/Gal.is reached.
		The following factors were used to arrive at this number:
		1.Plating distribution, surface:hole
		2.Surface plating distribution,top of the top racked
		panel:bottom of the bottom racked panel
		3.Cross sections;  grain structure and corner cracking
		4.Ductility
    		5.Hull cell

		These are Lea Ronal PCM+ baths with automatic brightner
dosig.All plating is pattern plate with Dynachem LP resist.The carbon treat
cycle uses an oxidizer followed by the carbon all done off line in a batch
process.This should provide you with a starting point.Obviously many factors
can influence your requirement;resist,chemisties-preclean/acid
copper,rinsing,carbon treat procedure,end user specifications etc.etc.

					Regards
					Michael Barmuta
					Staff Engineer
					Fluke Corp.