From:
[log in to unmask] (Jerry Cupples)
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:53:16 -0500
Justino Garavito said:

>     Design and Development Team in need of a New and/or used Pick & Place
>     machine.

If you want a recommendation, I might be able to help, but don't understand
some of your criteria...

>     2) Components should be distributed on carousels.

Do you mean a turret head mechanism for the nozzles which place the parts?

>     3) Must have staging platform for large quad flat pack components.

Do you want to pick directly from matrix trays?

>     4) Self sufficient internal vacuum supply.

Most machines are designed to develop vacuum from compressed air supply. If
you have about 5 CFM of 85 psi air, you won't need vacuum, but almost any
machine on the market will require air.

>     6) Height of pointing mechanism, preferably Laser,
>     1 1/2" board clearance, mechanical and video systems will be
>     considered.

This is atypical, topside clearance is usually more like 6-12 mm, and
bottom 20-25 mm considering the fixed transport underneath and the moving
head mount above the boards

>     3) Microscope.

If you mean video output from the component camera, this is pretty common,
Otherwise please explain.

regards

Jerry Cupples - [log in to unmask]
Interphase Corporation