From:
[log in to unmask] (Jerry Cupples)
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 14:13:36 -0500
Poh Kong Hui asked:

>Can anybody advise me what is the rate of Aluminium dissolve into the solder
>(63/37) bath.

See Manko, Solders and Soldering, 3rd edition (ISBN 0-07-039970-0) p.92

Slow at typical wave solder temps, but still enough to be a problem. Your
flux may attack it, too.

>I'm using Alu Stiffener to prevent the PCB from warping. How can use PTFE to
>coat it.
>Is there any spray type and where can I can it ?

You can't simply spray on a Teflon coating. You would be better off having
the aluminum hard anodized, this is common and economical, it will reduce
the dissolution pretty well.

regards,

Jerry Cupples
Interphase Corporation