From:
"Crawford, John A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 04 Oct 95 14:27:00 EST

>From the EMPF HelpLine:  General discussion with our spec folks and repair
trainers always comes back to "What does your customer require?"  We can
advise of a way you might accomplish a "repair" IF one is required--a thin
butter coat with an epoxy or other conformal coating is easiest, but don't
waste time/effort if you don't need to. What is the application? Is it a
Mil-Spec product, and if so, then check with your customer. Is it low-cost
consumer product? Unless the scratch is way down into the cloth weave, it
may never have an adverse effect on life of the product. Bottom line: there
are some documents that suggest that scratches aren't good, but we don't
readily identify any that say you HAVE to repair or scrap the piece.
Scratches certainly aren't good process indicators, though.