TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:04:51 -0600
Steve:

It sounds good in theory, but in practice there will be a difference.  When
plugging vias with solder resist, it often took six or more (nine or twelve)
strokes to fill a via from one side on nominal .060 to .070 thick boards.
My read is that a second pass will result in an additional 5 to 10 mils of
fill.....definitely not enough additional metal to make a difference.

Look at it this way......the pads with a via make for easy rework......just
touch the lead and it's ready for a jumper.

Don Vischulis