TECHNET Archives

December 2002

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:34:35 EST
Hi Peter!

So, you guys are buying one? Pretty cool, ain't they? I've had mine for about
10-months (or there abouts) now, and love it!! One part that sometimes can be
a problem I've found out, is PLCC sockets. Just gotta make sure that the
thermal conductive tape contacts, and is seated well against the leads at the
top of the sockets so that you get good thermal transfer down to reflow the
joints.

But otherwise, I haven't run across a part I couldn't rework...even with
boards being bonded to big, thick, heatsinks. Couldn't even get the solder
plastic with hot air systems.

-Steve Gregory-