Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 12:09:18 +0400 (EDT)
Let me contribute my observations on thickness.

The quality manual here says (written by me) that boards will be built to
class A tolerances in the latest revision of IPC-D-300, unless otherwise
specified by the customer.

That said, I have questioned IPC about the meaning of "thickness".  David
Bergman and Lisa Williams did some investigating and thinking and advised
me that thickness was to be measured over plated copper, but before
solder resist application.  They also told me that the committee
responsible for D-300 planned on expanding upon the present statement on
baords thickness in the standard, to direct the user to specify board
thickness in any areas of importance.

Lou Hart

.