From:
Poh Kong Hui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 00:51:00 +0800 (SST)

I hv encountered the same problem, but not on the ZIF socket, some other type
sockets.
It seems like you are getting capillary effect. Here are some suggestions.
1.      Just in case to need to check whether it is due to overspray, get a
piece  of "something", and cover over the ZIF socket. check the socket
        after  wv-soldering.

2.      Also you may try running thru' at either higher preheat or at lower
        wave temperature (We are running at 235 deg. cel). If both do not help,

3.      check your flux content, there might be too much thinner.

4.      By the way, check the socket too, there might hv some residue orginally
        stained inside the socket contact area.

Good Luck !

Poh Kong Hui
Nera Electronics