From:
JOHN GIBSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:27:53 -0700
John Gully wrote:

> Address,
>
> Has anyone identified the true benefits for using WET resist
> lamination over DRY (specific to the Dupont HRL-24 Hot Roll Laminator)?
> I am already familiar with most of the pros and cons of both.
> In working with our operators daily, we run WET lamination for
> inner layers and DRY lamination for external layers.  Seldom
> does the wall mounted pressure and/or water valves work for
> WET lamination for inner layers.  On several occasions I have
> found the WET method (hardware) to not work.
>
> I pose this same question with our vendors on what they see
> at other shops they frequent.  WET is always the loser.
>
> Since the exit temperature is critical to resist adhesion, I
> figure the wetting process would hinder the surface temperature
> from peaking.  Is this true?
>
> If the nominal roller temperature is 120 degrees C what is the
> recommended surface exit temperature?
>
> Please advise...
>
> John Gulley

John
 I find the best results exit are achieved when the exit temp is warm
 to the touch.I know it does not sound very technical but I find it is
the best way to laminate different types of thicknesses and materials.
Keep your roller temp consistent and adjust your roller speed to ensure
that the exit temp of your material is warm.
material temp warm to cool ? slow down rollers
material hot?                 speed up rollers
-when I run for example .005 1/2 1/2 core material I use 2 people at a
fairly fast roll speed
-When I run a .093 backplane my roller speed is very slow easy for one
operator
Hope it helps
John Gibson J.A.G. Imaging Systems