From:
Tom Counts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:10:18 -0600
We found that using negative "crazy eights" worked out best for us.
After
you plot (or contact) your artwork, use artwork pens to color in
the numbers to create your date code, lot no., etc...  If you use a
soluable ink, you can wipe off the ink after exposure using film cleaner
and change the code for later uses.  We used this schema to track "lots"
of boards as date codes were too vague to give precise enough tracking.

Tom Counts