Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 96 13:03:51 PST
Randy,
	IPC-L-108B and IPC-L-109B are the specifications that address laminate
and prepreg respectfully.  However, I believe that they allowed 1 ply
constructions prior to the military specification change.  I can't verify that
since I don't have those standards at hand.  As for concerns about 1 ply
constructions, not all one ply alternatives can match the thickness of the two
ply core that it's replacing, and there will be a slight difference in
electrical performance.  However, thickness variability will be better, and of
course the cost advantage of the one ply.  You really shouldn't see any
problems with voiding or measling unless the supplier has adjusted their
process parameters to try to get a greater thickness.  Hope this helps.

Glenn Pelkey
Maxtek Components Corp.
(503) 627-2084