TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
"Larry J. Fisher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:09:07 EST
The best stripping solvent I know of for cured epoxy materials is methlylne
chloride. The best methlyene chloride "strippers" are the old paint strippers
that contain methylene chloride and wax (when the methylene chloride starts
to evaporate, the wax forms a barrier at the surface to prevent further
evaporation - therefore the methylene chloride can strip further).

Methlyene chloride is on the "bad news" list these days and is not easy to
get. I'm not sure if you can even get the methylene chloride based paint
strippers any more. Furthermore, the methylene chloride can also do a
"number" on the butter coat of your laminate. Good Luck!

Regards,

Larry Fisher