From:
"Mark Trutna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 96 09:51:10 CDT

Response to ASSY: PCMCIA Vendor
---------------------------------
My name is Mark Trutna and I work for XeTel Corporation.  We are an assembly
company.  I understand that you preferred to hear from other endusers and I do
not meet this criteria; however, I am not sure that the end users that we
manufacture cards for are part of TechNet. I wanted to outline our capabilities
and if you have further interest I can give you names and numbers of some of our
customers.  Note: Because of your preference, I have tried to keep my answers
short and to the point.

Capabilities:

1. 2 side SMT

We currently do 2 side smt on PCMCIA cards. We can place tsops, qfps, bgas, and
ubgas on a double sided assembly. We build both memory, and wireless type I and
type III cards.

2. 12mil pitch QFPs

We can place 12 mil pitch QFPs. Most of our production is curretnly 15-20 mil
QFPs and TSOPs.

3. 0402, 0603 and 0805 chips in large quantities

We currently place 0402, 0603, and 0805 in high volume.

4. .028 +-.003 TYPE III PCMCIA

We currently are building a type III PCMCIA cards  (Wireless CDPD modem)

5. Type I Assembly

We currently are building type I cards. We are also producing mini-cards if
these are of interest.  We typically use the Duel cases for type I assemblies
and ultrasonically weld them.

6. etc.

We build several Digital/RF items such as a GPS boards, a satellite base
station, a satellite phone system, various modems.  We have worked with several
of these customer to implement ICT test on both the RF section (or board) and
the digital section (or board).  We understand the RF requirements and have
test personnel and equipment to support these type of programs.

We can support the 300K+ per year and currently have similar programs.

If you have any interest, please call me at 512-435-1502 or send e-mail to

Sincerely,

     Mark Trutna

ct: ASSY: PCMCIA Vendor
Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet
Date:    10/30/96 10:03 PM

     Address,

     I am in the process of looking for an Assembly vendor that is very,
     very established and confident in assembling Smart Cards (PCMCIAs) and
     testing Digital/RF smart cards via ICT.  I would prefer to hear from
     end users of the smart cards versus assembly houses.  The annual PCBA
     quantities are projected in the 300K+ range.  The assembly house will
     have to be capable of assembling the following:

     1. 2 side SMT
     2. 12mil pitch QFPs
     3. 0402, 0603 and 0805 chips in large quantities
     4. .028 +-.003 TYPE III PCMCIA
     5. Type I Assembly
     6. etc.

     Please forward any response to the attached email address.  Thank you
     in advance.