From:
Steve Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 11:25:33 -0800
We are in the beginning stages of trying to decide what PCB design
software to migrate to. We are finding that our current systems which
are PADS Logic, Power PCB, Cadkey & Gerbtool just isn't going to get the
job done in the near future. The three systems that we have knowledge
with & that we believe will do the job that we envision being required
are Cadence, Zuken-Redac's Visula & Intergraph. We want a platform that
will run on Window's NT with Pentium based hardware. We currently have
90Mhz Pentiums with 32 to 64 Meg of ram on each.

I have experience with trying to get Cadence into a facility but would
like to hear from others in the feild. What I'm looking for is good
and/or bad experiences with each platform.

Information from the representatives from these three vendors would be
greatly apreciated. What we are looking for from a package is
exceptional mechanical drawing capablilities (for doing the Fabrication
drawing & Panelization drawing) with good GD&T utilization as well as
ability to handle robust PCB design rules, checking, layout, Digital &
analog design simulation. We also want to have Gerber 274X file
manipulation as a standard feature to veiw and panelize A/W. We require
real time back anotation. Also outputs for driving our automatic Pick &
Place equipment.

I don't think I'm looking for a dream system here and I know that
whatever we end up with will be a hybrid of what we at this point
envision so any input will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance;

Steve Collins
PCB Design Supervisor
TSX Corporation