TECHNET Archives

November 2000

From:
"Houston, Terri" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 06:40:04 -0600
Rudolph, you may want to go into the popular magazines' websites and do a
search for "wafer level."  You'll find a lot of companies dabbling in WLPs,
but not too many are in hi-volume production (Dallas Semi, Xicor, and
National are the few that I found).

  In 9/99, Electronic News had the following quote from Jan Vardamin of
TechSearch:
 "A ton of companies and a new one or two every day are doing wafer-level
CSPs. We will have as many as Baskin Robbins has ice cream flavors. Firms
involved include Amkor, APack, Aptos Taiwan, Casio, Chipbond, Dallas
Semiconductor, Flip Chip Technologies, FormFactor, Fujitsu, FuPo, Hitachi,
Hyundai, Intarsia, Magic, National Semiconductor, NEC, Oki, Sandia National
Laboratories, Seiko Epson, ShellCase, Tessera, Texas Instruments Japan,
Toshiba, 3D Plus, Unitive, IZM/T.U. Berlin, Xicor."
   ----this was more than a year ago...

 For your project, I'd suggest you call Kym Bell of Practical components at
714 252 0010. Practical sells dummy packages and is closely aligned with
Amkor. She may have what you need.

Good Luck,
Terri