TECHNET Archives

August 2020

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 2020 11:22:51 -0400
Jodi,

 You might look at how Type 2 transfers are rated. I took a peek at my UL478 docs (old copy) and you are looking at 1000VAC for 60 seconds or 1200VAC for 1 sec. I can tell you from experience the duration of the test is important. These numbers are for line to safety ground.

I know you want a short quick answer but that just does not apply. You need to become well versed in the area and that takes a lot of time and readins. You also need some money to buy the specs thought sometime you can find illegal copies on line.

Bob K.