From:
"John Gully" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:11:13 +600 CDT
Chen,

Its been awhile since I've worked with Bellcore Specs, but here
are some brief answers to your questions.  Since I do not have all
of my literature with me, someone else could possibly answer your
questions in more detail.

> I'm wondering if someone out of there could tell me
>

>         1, What is Bellcore?

A.  Bellcore, if I remeber, was originated from old Bell Labs under
    BCC (Bellcore Client Companies).  Bellcore encompasses several
    areas as with IPC, but narrows its requirements to
    Telecommunications Arena.  Bellcore Specifications are found
    under the RQGR (Reliability and Quality Generic Requirements).

    The standards are High Reliability, Class 3 (IPC), or greater.

>         2, what is the industry that required Bellcore?

A.  Telecommunications

>         3, How to get Bellcore qualify?

A.  There are only a few (as of a few years ago) companies that are
    Bellcore Certified.  To be Bellcore Certified is remembering
    all the Commandments, following them and preaching them on a
    daily basis with no flaws.  Most companies who look into
    fabricating and/or manufacturing Telecommunications Products
    based on Bellcore Specifications become COMPLIANT and not
    CERTIFIED.  The two are very much different.

    The auditing process is worst than ISO9000 Auditing.

    If your a Fab House, you need to obtain TR-NWT-000078 entitled
    R&Q Design Standards for PWBs.  Call IEM Bellcore at
    201-829-4785

>         4, How much will be cost?

A.  I'm not sure of the cost, but from what I hear its extremely
    high.

> Many thanks in advance.

Hope this helps.

John Gulley>