Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 96 09:21:10 +0800
HI Jan

Most bend/form die sets do NOT use oil. If there is oil, this may be due to
a leak in the hydraulic piston. Check with your supplier on this. I have
tested on some parts affected by this before for solderability (Mil-Std)
and found it to pass. You probably can remove this using IPA.

Next thing to check is the trays/tubes that are used to contain these
parts. We have experienced some 'bleeding' of the
antistatic/static-dissipative coating that leads a oily  appearance on the
package body. This has also be tested not to affect solderability. Again,
IPA seems to work.

Hope this helps.

regards

Jeff-MH Tan